Ethnotek is a new exciting brand founded by Jake Orak and created by a small group of creative people with a passion for world travel. This cool and rugged backpack we feature here, has the ability to remove and customize the main front panel of the product (named Thread). Each Thread is the main piece of the bag which incorporates a fair-trade acquired ethnic textile.
Ethnotek bags celebrate and promote world culture, they have a ethnic touch provided by artisans in Indonesia, Guatemala, India, Africa and Vietnam. Each and every handmade piece that goes into Ethnotek products is sourced in-person and purchased directly from the artisan or craft village in which it originated. So when you purchase an item, you are actively supporting artisan communities around the globe.
Itīs not easy to pick a favorite from all the amazing patterns, but our choice was the awesome Woven-Vietnam 1(pictured above). It includes a hand-loomed THREAD from the Hmong hill tribes of BacHa northern Vietnam.
The bag is unbelively spacious, the main compartment features a giant waterproof roll-top functionality allowing you to adjust the height of the bag for accommodating extra gear. It has a separate laptop compartment that accomodates a 15-17" laptop, padded shoulder straps and back-panel making it extremely comfortable to carry.
Very cool, rugged, practical and affordable travel bag, we definitely reccomend it.
More backpack details:
- Made from 840-denier ballistic nylon
- Side slip pocket good for small accessories
- Side mesh pocket for water bottle
- Side zipper pocket to a secure a passport, iPhone or MP3 player
- Back laptop compartment that accomodates a 15-17" MacBook Pro or most 15-17" PC laptops
- Padded shoulder straps with sternum strap-buckles
- Padded back-panel provides ergonomic comfort, and airmesh helps vent heat to reduce the sweaty back syndrome
- Every backback has the ability to remove and replace the main front panel THREAD for customization and style updates
Check out Ethnotechīs website or their Facebook page for more info.
Bless this Stuff claims no credit for any images featured on this site unless otherwise noted.
All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. If you own right to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear here, please contact us and they will be promptly removed.